Cargolux accelerates its eCargo ambitions with CHAMP
CHAMP Cargosystems has attracted Cargolux as customer for its Traxon cargoHUB and cargoWEB+ applications. These IT solutions enable Cargolux to further improve its e-services and contribute to the reduction of communication costs.
Luxembourg, September 2012 ― Cargolux International Airlines S.A., one of the leading global all-cargo carriers, takes pride in using state-of-the-art technology and driving forward industry initiatives such as e-freight. The airline increasingly relies on fast paperless communication with customers and service providers.
Aiming to increase connectivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction whilst reducing cost, Cargolux has chosen Traxon cargoHUB for its electronic messaging. This includes the electronic exchange of FWB (Master Air Waybill Data), FHL (House Air Waybill Consolidation List), and FSU (Freight Status Update) messages worldwide. The integrated host-to-host solution supports numerous transmission protocols and is compatible with all common message formats.
The agreement with CHAMP Cargosystems gives Cargolux access to the global CHAMP network. It enables the Luxembourg all-cargo carrier to do business with all logistics services providers and partners in the air cargo industry on a single uniform platform using stable host-to-host messaging services. In addition, Cargolux has the option to use several other CHAMP Cargosystems products via Traxon cargoHUB.
As the company is keen to serve small, medium-sized, and large customers equally well, it has recently enhanced its internet and self-service capabilities with the help of Traxon cargoWEB+. This application, branded for Cargolux, is aimed at forwarders that are not yet EDI capable, but need to send FWB and FHL messages.
Franco Nanna, Head of Management Network Support at Cargolux, says: “On one hand, the Traxon cargoHUB service is providing us with reliable connectivity and seamless data transmission. The proactive information we are getting from CHAMP for unnecessary EDI exchange is helping us to achieve further cost savings. On the other hand, Traxon cargoWEB+ is highly appreciated by our customer user community, because it is intuitive and boosting productivity. The art of electronic communication emphasizes the existence of a transparent dialogue.”
State-of-the-art self-service facilities
Using Traxon cargoWEB+, Cargolux’s customers may look up flight schedules, check allotment capacity, capture and transmit AWB and HAWB data and create single or multiple bookings for free sale or allotment capacity, all at once and without any third-party help. Other features include booking history reporting and shipper/consignee capture. The application is compliant with IATA standards and recommended practices. It increases user efficiency and data quality as it coaches the user while entering data. It is user-friendly with a paper AWB look and feel. It reduces transaction costs as well as simplifies and speeds up goods acceptance and customs pre-clearance.
“Traxon cargoHUB and cargoWEB+ are part of the comprehensive portfolio offered by CHAMP Cargosystems, enabling Cargolux to further standardize their processes, simplify business procedures and achieve a higher efficiency at lower costs. These new services are the vital foundations in the drive towards paperless freight. Traxon cargoWEB+ gives Cargolux a totally self-service booking interface whilst reducing its communication costs“, says Christian Cavez, Director Enterprise Services, at CHAMP Cargosystems.
“CHAMP has a proven track record of innovative product development, execution and implementation that instils confidence in our customers. Our strength is our customer orientation. Our solutions offer additional functionalities not available elsewhere. Winning Cargolux as a customer for Traxon cargoHUB and Traxon cargoWEB+ demonstrates the value addition given to the client by offering an integrated product portfolio that includes all parts of the process as well as different communication options.” adds James Fernandez, Vice President Global Commercial Operation at CHAMP Cargosystems.
- Gabriel Florea named Group CFO of CHAMP Cargosystems
- CHAMP Forwarding Systems joins forces with CONNECTA Airfreight Network to accelerate e-AWB adoption among small and medium size forwarders
- Kalitta Air, L.L.C. first US cargo carrier to benefit from CHAMP’s Weight & Balance
- CHAMP Cargosystems is ACE-ready!
- CHAMP Cargosystems is “International IT Systems Provider of the Year in Africa”
- Arnaud Lambert named CEO of CHAMP Cargosystems
- CHAMP Cargosystems SA invests in small and medium size forwarder solutions to accelerate industry change
- CHAMP Cargosystems signs Cathay Pacific Airways for Cargospot.
- JAL Cargo goes live with first phase of its technology transformation program with CHAMP Cargosystems.
- SAUDIA adopts CHAMP’s Weight & Balance solution
- CHAMP Cargosystems signs Cargolux Airlines for ‘next generation’ Cargo platform
- CHAMP Cargosystems launches CargoUpdate enabling airlines to share information more easily
- Air Astana selects CHAMP Cargosystems for cargo management solutions
- Going for growth as Markus Flacke joins as the new Managing Director of CHAMP Cargosystems GmbH