Two New Heads at CHAMP Cargosystems
CHAMP Cargosystems has appointed Dirk de Rooij Head of Commercial Operations EMEA & CIS and Steven Fayers Head of Proposition Development eCargo to further grow the business and strengthen the management team. CHAMP provides the most comprehensive range of integrated IT solutions and distribution services for all players in the air cargo transport chain.
Luxembourg, November 2012 – Dirk de Rooij has been named Head of Commercial Operations – EMEA & CIS at CHAMP Cargosystems. He is reporting directly to the VP, Global Commercial Operations (GCO) as a member of the Senior Management Team within the GCO. As such he is responsible for all sales activities in the EMEA & CIS region.
Dirk de Rooij has previously held the position of Executive Vice President at OAG Cargo (part of UBM Aviation) where he was responsible for further developing the cargo product portfolio and the company’s online air cargo community. He joined OAG Cargo through the acquisition of the Dutch internet company Inforwarding BV. Before founding Inforwarding in 2001, he spent several years with the global logistics services provider Panalpina in various IT and business roles. He will thus be able to give additional impetus to CHAMP’s drive in expanding the company’s focus from airlines to all players of the supply chain.
In addition, Steven Fayers has joined CHAMP Cargosystems as Head of Proposition Development eCargo. Steven Fayers has 15 years of experience in the air cargo information technology under his wings, having worked for BA (Speedwing), BT (Syntegra), and UBM Aviation (OAG Cargo). At UBM he held the positions of Business Analyst, Product Director, and then Business Development Director. He was responsible for redefining the portfolio strategy amongst other things. He will continue in this activity field at CHAMP Cargosystems, sharpening the portfolio in cooperation with customers.
“We are delighted that two such recognized sector professionals join our team. CHAMP Cargosystems has set itself ambitious goals, and we expect Dirk and Steven to help us further expand our footprint in the air transport market despite the current economic climate. We have a powerful, multi-cultural group of people and both fit excellently into this team. They bring a wealth of experience and excellent business contacts to CHAMP,” says James Fernandez Vice President Global Commercial Operations, CHAMP Cargosystems.
- TAP Cargo embraces the eCargo world with CHAMP
- Leisure Cargo and CHAMP Cargosystems – 20 years win-win partnership
- Kuehne + Nagel uses CHAMP’s ACAS solution
- Unique partnership raises forwarder-airline connectivity to the next level
- Air France – KLM - Martinair Cargo seamlessly migrates to CHAMP’s Cargospot
- ABC opts for CHAMP’s Weight & Balance application
- CHAMP Cargosystems’ Community expands rapidly
- Two New Heads at CHAMP Cargosystems
- CHAMP Cargosystems’ Community to accelerate eCargo
- Cargolux accelerates its eCargo ambitions with CHAMP
- CHAMP accelerates eCargo through portfolio integration
- India's Customs Authority Live on CHAMP's Global Customs Gateway
- Liberian Customs
- CHAMP Cargosystems and TRAXON Europe to showcase Quality Optimization at WCS 2012