Two New Heads at CHAMP Cargosystems
CHAMP Cargosystems has appointed Dirk de Rooij Head of Commercial Operations EMEA & CIS and Steven Fayers Head of Proposition Development eCargo to further grow the business and strengthen the management team. CHAMP provides the most comprehensive range of integrated IT solutions and distribution services for all players in the air cargo transport chain.
Luxembourg, November 2012 – Dirk de Rooij has been named Head of Commercial Operations – EMEA & CIS at CHAMP Cargosystems. He is reporting directly to the VP, Global Commercial Operations (GCO) as a member of the Senior Management Team within the GCO. As such he is responsible for all sales activities in the EMEA & CIS region.
Dirk de Rooij has previously held the position of Executive Vice President at OAG Cargo (part of UBM Aviation) where he was responsible for further developing the cargo product portfolio and the company’s online air cargo community. He joined OAG Cargo through the acquisition of the Dutch internet company Inforwarding BV. Before founding Inforwarding in 2001, he spent several years with the global logistics services provider Panalpina in various IT and business roles. He will thus be able to give additional impetus to CHAMP’s drive in expanding the company’s focus from airlines to all players of the supply chain.
In addition, Steven Fayers has joined CHAMP Cargosystems as Head of Proposition Development eCargo. Steven Fayers has 15 years of experience in the air cargo information technology under his wings, having worked for BA (Speedwing), BT (Syntegra), and UBM Aviation (OAG Cargo). At UBM he held the positions of Business Analyst, Product Director, and then Business Development Director. He was responsible for redefining the portfolio strategy amongst other things. He will continue in this activity field at CHAMP Cargosystems, sharpening the portfolio in cooperation with customers.
“We are delighted that two such recognized sector professionals join our team. CHAMP Cargosystems has set itself ambitious goals, and we expect Dirk and Steven to help us further expand our footprint in the air transport market despite the current economic climate. We have a powerful, multi-cultural group of people and both fit excellently into this team. They bring a wealth of experience and excellent business contacts to CHAMP,” says James Fernandez Vice President Global Commercial Operations, CHAMP Cargosystems.
- Gabriel Florea named Group CFO of CHAMP Cargosystems
- CHAMP Forwarding Systems joins forces with CONNECTA Airfreight Network to accelerate e-AWB adoption among small and medium size forwarders
- Kalitta Air, L.L.C. first US cargo carrier to benefit from CHAMP’s Weight & Balance
- CHAMP Cargosystems is ACE-ready!
- CHAMP Cargosystems is “International IT Systems Provider of the Year in Africa”
- Arnaud Lambert named CEO of CHAMP Cargosystems
- CHAMP Cargosystems SA invests in small and medium size forwarder solutions to accelerate industry change
- CHAMP Cargosystems signs Cathay Pacific Airways for Cargospot.
- JAL Cargo goes live with first phase of its technology transformation program with CHAMP Cargosystems.
- SAUDIA adopts CHAMP’s Weight & Balance solution
- CHAMP Cargosystems signs Cargolux Airlines for ‘next generation’ Cargo platform
- CHAMP Cargosystems launches CargoUpdate enabling airlines to share information more easily
- Air Astana selects CHAMP Cargosystems for cargo management solutions
- Going for growth as Markus Flacke joins as the new Managing Director of CHAMP Cargosystems GmbH