CHAMP Cargosystems’ Community expands rapidly
CHAMP Cargosystems is looking optimistically into the future. Numerous
product enhancements and new product launches are scheduled for this year
continuing the pace set in 2012 for rolling out new solutions with existing
customers and winning new customers.
Luxembourg, January 2013 ― 2012 was a successful year for CHAMP Cargosystems despite the difficult economic climate around the globe. Over 80 airlines and more than 300 handling facilities operate CHAMP’s core systems in over 180 countries today. In the past 16 months CHAMP Cargosystems has introduced more than 2000 product enhancements for these applications as part of its continuous improvement process. Several existing customers were motivated to progress to new generation, state-of-the-art solutions.
CHAMP delivers most robust functionality of core cargo systems today. “Airlines, GSA, and GHA can count on CHAMP integrating new industry demands swiftly into the product suite to ensure that the applications serve our customers and their customers in an efficient manner”, says James Fernandez, Vice President Global
Commercial Operations at CHAMP Cargosystems.
Demand for eCargo solutions rising
CHAMP’s eCargo suite which includes innovative applications to meet customs and security requirements, quality optimization, as well as e-freight, and mobility needs was further expanded in 2012. Some 76 airlines use CHAMP’s customs solutions in 35 countries now. CHAMP was able to win a dozen new clients for this service in 2012. CHAMP solutions monitor 50% of all Cargo 2000 shipments. Two new airlines were added to the list of Traxon CDMP users in 2012. Four airlines rolled out cargoWEB+, and another was added to the client list in January. CargoWeb+ is a web based application that is integrated into a carrier’s website. It offers airline customers electronic AWB capture, facilitates online bookings, and makes monitoring of shipment status easy. It is deployed by large global carriers as well as smaller airlines.
CHAMP services customers on four continents with local offices. “Our service personal is not only focused on new customers. It is very important to us to highlight to existing customers how they can raise efficiency by further tapping into our product offering. CHAMP is proud to offer the most comprehensive product portfolio from one source,” says James Fernandez.
Connected thinking for the air cargo community
The R&D activities at CHAMP continue unabated. “We expect to release several new features and products during the course of this year. Probably most significant, will be products directly addressing the forwarder market, further bringing together our global community of users via connected thinking,” adds James Fernandez.
“I am convinced that there will be a strong focus on ‘core’ business, cost containment, quality improvement, and innovation to go paperless this year. I see a greater willingness to buy-in IT services via community software as a service (SaaS) such as offered by CHAMP. This will free-up investments tied into costly in-house IT infrastructures and allow greater focus on core business activities.”
Visit CHAMP at the WCS in Doha
CHAMP will be participating in the World Cargo Symposium in Doha (Qatar). The focus will be on promoting the company’s world class product portfolio as a means to accelerate the delivery of industry eCargo initiatives. The IATA deadlines for making eAWB mandatory, eCargo Security Declarations possible, and introducing new Cargo 2000 milestones are looming large on the horizon. CHAMP offers modular, scalable applications for a step by step roll-out of an eCargo strategy to meet IATA and industry deadlines.
- CHAMP Cargosystems launches CargoUpdate enabling airlines to share information more easily
- Air Astana selects CHAMP Cargosystems for cargo management solutions
- Going for growth as Markus Flacke joins as the new Managing Director of CHAMP Cargosystems GmbH
- CHAMP’s customs portfolio extends winning streak
- Air Tahiti Nui modernizes IT with CHAMP’s Cargospot
- CHAMP Cargosystems prepares you for Trinidad &Tobago‘s Advanced Customs Requirements
- C.A.L. expands use of CHAMP portfolio for enhanced customs reporting
- TAP Cargo embraces the eCargo world with CHAMP
- Leisure Cargo and CHAMP Cargosystems – 20 years win-win partnership
- Kuehne + Nagel uses CHAMP’s ACAS solution
- Unique partnership raises forwarder-airline connectivity to the next level
- Air France – KLM - Martinair Cargo seamlessly migrates to CHAMP’s Cargospot
- ABC opts for CHAMP’s Weight & Balance application
- CHAMP Cargosystems’ Community expands rapidly
- Two New Heads at CHAMP Cargosystems