Kuehne + Nagel uses CHAMP’s ACAS solution
The IT services provider CHAMP Cargosystems transmits IATA C-XML messages for Kuehne + Nagel to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and response messages back to K+N. The logistics company has thus been able to further enhance the quality of its air cargo services.
Frankfurt/Main, March 2013 – The global logistics services provider Kuehne + Nagel (K+N) is pro-actively screening all air cargo shipments bound for the USA according to ACAS dual filing requirements as part of its quality airfreight services. On receipt of a shipment order the airfreight department transmits the House Air Waybill (AWB) data to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to meet pre-loading targeting and manifest requirements. When K+N receives a positive ACAS response the company proceeds with consolidation and delivery to the air carrier. If there are problems with the shipment the logistics services provider is able to solve these pro-actively in cooperation with the shipper before the shipment leaves for the airport.
K+ N has opted for a CHAMP application to facilitate the message exchange with the CBP. The solution transmits IATA C-XML messages directly from K+N’s enterprise system to the CBP without manual intervention thereby optimizing data quality. It also transmits the CBP response messages back to K+N.
„Kuehne + Nagel participates in the ACAS dual filing project to detect high risk shipments and customs clearance problems as early as possible in the supply chain process. We feel it is our duty to solve any problems that might arise from a product, supplier or recipient pro-actively for our customers as quickly as possible after receiving their orders“, explains Michael Weber, Vice President Interfaces and Processes, Global Air Freight, K+N.
“We are proud that we have been able to expand our cooperation with K+N, one of the leading global logistics players”, says Rene E. Kircil, Senior Area Manager Sales at CHAMP Cargosystems. „CHAMP Cargosystems is well known for its premium messaging services for airlines and for its e-customs solutions. However, it is also offering similar applications (meeting IATA Cargo-IMP and Cargo XML standards) that are tailored to the needs of freight forwarders. K+N has opted for IATA Cargo-XML as it better facilitates the implementation and adoption of e-Cargo initiatives such as the electronic Air Waybill (e-AWB) or e-Freight. It also aids compliance to customs and security requirements by giving more flexibility in providing complete data elements.
"Our AMS and ACAS messaging services enable logistics services providers to give a better service to their customers, to improve supply chain visibility and control over their data, to speed up transport processes and avoid shipments being held up on arrival in the USA”, adds James Fernandez, VP Global Commercial Operations at CHAMP Cargosystems.
- CHAMP Cargosystems launches CargoUpdate enabling airlines to share information more easily
- Air Astana selects CHAMP Cargosystems for cargo management solutions
- Going for growth as Markus Flacke joins as the new Managing Director of CHAMP Cargosystems GmbH
- CHAMP’s customs portfolio extends winning streak
- Air Tahiti Nui modernizes IT with CHAMP’s Cargospot
- CHAMP Cargosystems prepares you for Trinidad &Tobago‘s Advanced Customs Requirements
- C.A.L. expands use of CHAMP portfolio for enhanced customs reporting
- TAP Cargo embraces the eCargo world with CHAMP
- Leisure Cargo and CHAMP Cargosystems – 20 years win-win partnership
- Kuehne + Nagel uses CHAMP’s ACAS solution
- Unique partnership raises forwarder-airline connectivity to the next level
- Air France – KLM - Martinair Cargo seamlessly migrates to CHAMP’s Cargospot
- ABC opts for CHAMP’s Weight & Balance application
- CHAMP Cargosystems’ Community expands rapidly
- Two New Heads at CHAMP Cargosystems