TAP Cargo embraces the eCargo world with CHAMP
Three solutions in one sweep from one source -– the freight department of the Portuguese national airline, TAP Cargo, and IT services provider CHAMP Cargosystems recently celebrated the successful implementation of Cargospot Airline, Cargospot Handling and Cargospot Revenue. These core business applications together with other CHAMP solutions enable the Portuguese home carrier to make a paradigm shift and deliver more value to customers.
Luxembourg, June 2013 – TAP Cargo, the freight department of the biggest Portuguese carrier, has implemented a new cargo management system over their entire international network. The aim was to fully automate the complete commercial, operations, and accounting processes. The carrier opted for an integrated solution and chose CHAMP Cargosystems’ Cargospot Airline, Cargospot Handling, and Cargospot Revenue. While Cargospot Airline automates the entire commercial and operations process Cargospot Handling is a comprehensive terminal management solution. Cargospot Revenue, a substantial revenue accounting system, fully integrated with the other modules, is in the final stage of implementation and will go live shortly.
The project team responsible for the roll-out was recently recognized by TAP Portugal Executive CEO Fernando Pinto for the successful management and timely completion of this complex and multiple project despite cost and resources constraints (see photo).
Growing user community
The Cargospot applications have been rolled out to some 160 airlines, GSA, and GHA already. Whilst they are well proven they are being updated in a process of continuous quality improvement and new functions are added in accordance with industry and legislative requirements. Thus TAP benefits from the joint expertise of the CHAMP Cargosystems community.
CHAMP’s core airline systems together with the messaging system Traxon cargoHUB and applications of CHAMP’s eCargo suite also used by TAP Cargo tie together the information flow along the whole air cargo supply chain. They empower TAP to a paperless information exchange with the forwarding community as well as customs offices and other partners. TAP Cargo is now ready for the next step into the eCargo world.
“The roll-out has gone really well thanks to the close collaboration between CHAMP and our team. We have now laid the foundations for further advances of our airline into a paperless future”, said José Anjos, VP TAP Cargo.
“We decided on CHAMP as a single source provider for our new cargo systems to ensure a high interoperability of the different solutions. We felt that the company as a dedicated IT provider to the air cargo industry would understand our needs better than a broader focused enterprise. CHAMP was also prepared to go the extra mile to customize the solutions to our requirements. The company has a great track record for operation and delivery”, he added.
Service quality and efficiency drivers
“The new IT tools enable the airline to provide a better service to its customers, to speed up billing and thus improve cash flows to name just three benefits. TAP opting for the three Cargospot modules demonstrates the added value of an integrated product portfolio. By merging digital and physical transactions to form a seamless whole TAP is able to capitalize fully on technological innovations that make it possible to conduct business electronically, instantly, and more efficiently without sacrificing the important element of human interaction”, added James Fernandez, VP Global Commercial Operations at CHAMP Cargosystems.
- Gabriel Florea named Group CFO of CHAMP Cargosystems
- CHAMP Forwarding Systems joins forces with CONNECTA Airfreight Network to accelerate e-AWB adoption among small and medium size forwarders
- Kalitta Air, L.L.C. first US cargo carrier to benefit from CHAMP’s Weight & Balance
- CHAMP Cargosystems is ACE-ready!
- CHAMP Cargosystems is “International IT Systems Provider of the Year in Africa”
- Arnaud Lambert named CEO of CHAMP Cargosystems
- CHAMP Cargosystems SA invests in small and medium size forwarder solutions to accelerate industry change
- CHAMP Cargosystems signs Cathay Pacific Airways for Cargospot.
- JAL Cargo goes live with first phase of its technology transformation program with CHAMP Cargosystems.
- SAUDIA adopts CHAMP’s Weight & Balance solution
- CHAMP Cargosystems signs Cargolux Airlines for ‘next generation’ Cargo platform
- CHAMP Cargosystems launches CargoUpdate enabling airlines to share information more easily
- Air Astana selects CHAMP Cargosystems for cargo management solutions
- Going for growth as Markus Flacke joins as the new Managing Director of CHAMP Cargosystems GmbH