CHAMP’s customs portfolio extends winning streak
Several major airlines recently signed up or extended their contracts for CHAMP Cargosystems’ Traxon Global Customs (TGC) solution. In addition, many expanded the scope of the contracts to cover more countries.
Luxembourg, November 2013 – CHAMP Cargosystems, the international provider of integrated IT solutions and distribution services for the air cargo industry, has recently renewed and expanded the service for Korean Air Cargo for the TGC application. The airfreight carrier will now use CHAMP’s global customs solution to comply with customs regulations in even more countries.
Korean Air Cargo, one of the leading global airfreight carriers, is just one of some 80 airlines, GHA and forwarders deploying the CHAMP TGC application to comply with the EU-ICS (Import Control System) or other national customs requirements.
The EU had introduced customs compliance regulations to standardize and automate its customs filings process, effective January 1, 2011. Since then, economic operators have to provide electronically and in time pre-arrival information for shipments to customs at the first point of entry into the EU. This entails an Entry Summary Declaration (ENS), Diversion Request and in some countries an Arrival Notification. The TGC application allows the automatic handling of all messages, to and from local customs via one interface.
The new extended service provided to Korean Air Cargo also covers Mexico and Israel customs requirements. CHAMP’s Customs & Security portfolio, in fact, embraces solutions for 38 states. Additional ones are added step by step. Furthermore, the solutions are automatically updated in line with changing, more stringent government regulations.
CHAMP offers the best horizontal coverage of customs and security needs due to the scope of the portfolio. Many of the solutions complement each other. They do not require massive investments nor extensive staff training. The solutions are cost efficient and easy to maintain. They save time and money by automating many internal processes and reducing paperwork.
“We are very proud to have the world’s leading cargo carriers, including Korean Air Cargo, in our customer portfolio. Their recent renewal and expansion of the contract shows that our TGC solution is state-of-the-art and that our service is strong”, said James Fernandez, Vice President Global Commercial Operations at CHAMP Cargosystems. “Our Customs & Security portfolio underlines our will to simplify and accelerate paperless communication along the whole airfreight transport chain from source to final destination. And this, of course, includes freight communications with customs authorities worldwide.”
- Kalitta Air, L.L.C. first US cargo carrier to benefit from CHAMP’s Weight & Balance
- CHAMP Cargosystems is ACE-ready!
- CHAMP Cargosystems is “International IT Systems Provider of the Year in Africa”
- Arnaud Lambert named CEO of CHAMP Cargosystems
- CHAMP Cargosystems SA invests in small and medium size forwarder solutions to accelerate industry change
- CHAMP Cargosystems signs Cathay Pacific Airways for Cargospot.
- JAL Cargo goes live with first phase of its technology transformation program with CHAMP Cargosystems.
- SAUDIA adopts CHAMP’s Weight & Balance solution
- CHAMP Cargosystems signs Cargolux Airlines for ‘next generation’ Cargo platform
- CHAMP Cargosystems launches CargoUpdate enabling airlines to share information more easily
- Air Astana selects CHAMP Cargosystems for cargo management solutions
- Going for growth as Markus Flacke joins as the new Managing Director of CHAMP Cargosystems GmbH