Our Global Products business consists of a dynamic team of highly skilled professionals focused on not only creating technical capability to support our customers’ current business requirements, but also in providing innovative technical solutions to meet their future business requirements.
We are currently looking for Data Architect to join our team.
Reporting to the Portfolio Director, you will drive and coordinate the activities around data storage, consumption, mapping, modelling and analysis whilst defining target data architecture.
Position Type: Permanent Full - Time
Location: Manila, Philippines
- Delivering the technology and architectural strategy for CHAMP focusing on data management, data science & the monetization of CHAMP data
- Delivering a stable, predictable and flexible data architecture that supports the functional and non-functional needs of CHAMP
- Identifying and highlighting key areas of complexity, duplication and areas of high risk or opportunity loss in the architecture context
- Improving the quality of engineering decisions across CHAMP as they relate to data management priorities
- Defining and implementing policies and processes for data quality, and provenance
- Implementing robust data security measures
- Mapping the systems and interfaces used to manage data
- Setting standards for data management
- Analysing current state and conceives desired future state and conceiving projects needed to close the gap between current state and future goals
- Liaising between data consumer representatives and data solution development teams
- Acting as a catalyst and thought leader to identify, consolidate and syndicate data architecture and engineering best practice
- Influencing and guiding data management decisions in a commercial context
- Following, interpreting and applying industry trends
- Providing a standard common business vocabulary
- Expressing strategic data requirements
- Outlining high level integrated designs to meet these requirements
- Aligning with enterprise strategy and related business architecture
- Being responsible for owning all aspects of the CHAMP data architecture including driving continuous improvement in these areas
- Ensuring the alignment of logical data modelling and physical data modelling activities, including suitable tooling/processes/standards through which changes to the underlying data models can be coordinated across the platform in an efficient and predicable manner
- Designing cloud-based architectures to build and scale digital solutions including statistical data analyses, data mining, BI, Data warehouse and optimization
- Owner of at least 2 products database design and implementation
- Database Documentation of CHAMP products
- Ensures that these products have or will have good level of documentation describing the current data structures and purpose of each data
- Ensures that database further changes are reflected in the single repository of database documentation.
- Engage Lead developers and enhance their skills in designing database structural requirements by analyzing customer operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Works closely with development teams to develop database solutions by participating in the design of proposed system; defining database logical, physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Maintains optimum database performance by identifying and resolving performance issues; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Ensures that database changes conform good design guidelines and will not put the current system at risk due to poor performance.
- Prepares DB analysis performance report, and provides solutions to development team on how to resolve SQL issues causing poor database performance.
- Prepares developers by conducting training to ensure that they always consider good database design when implementing functional requirements or fixes.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems both on development and production area.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive work experience as a Data Architect of enterprise application and environment.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in software or digital in a technical role
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in the design, development and implementation of complex database systems
- Being confident at Data Mapping, Data Modelling, Data Quality, Data Profiling, Integration and Messaging, Data Warehouses, Marts and experience of the analysis and design of Data Warehouse, BI, Data Analytics or complex Data Migration solutions
- Good experience of analysing and designing multiple aspects of the data solution including analysing source systems, designing ETL routines, resolving DQ issues, designing relational and dimensional models (conceptual and logical), developing the reporting or analytics layers
- Hands-on leadership experience in successfully delivering predictable change to complex and highly federated data architecture and in leading a data architecture function with an enthusiasm for excellence in design coupled with an appropriate level of delivery pragmatism
- In-depth knowledge and experience in data modelling and database design
- Breadth in established and emerging data technologies
- Ability to astutely operate in the organization and collaborate to multiple development teams.
- Good capability to provide training to developers to improve their understanding of database design, and fine tuning.
- Excellent skills in operating systems where databases are hosted.
- Service-oriented and focussing on effective solutions and exceptional client service delivery
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that have resulted in business relationships of trust and confidence.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills which include the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels
- Well established organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is mandatory; French, German and other languages will be an asset
- In depth knowledge and experience in data security implementation.
- Expert knowledge of AWS platform features and capabilities with ideally knowledge of other cloud service providers
- Ability to conceive and portray the big data picture
Education and Experience:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, IT Engineering or similar
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking, ideally in a Consulting/ Architecture position within a software and/or services company
Please provide us with your CV, motivation letter and copies of your diploma/ degree and relevant certificates by eMail: email@example.com
CHAMP Cargosystems is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, ethnic background, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.