The IT Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing solutions related to new and existing products, modules, and services. The IT Project Manager sets milestones for each project, coordinates efforts between operations and technology teams to deliver projects effectively and efficiently according to plan.
Reporting to the Program Manager Infrastructure and Service Delivery, you will be accountable for developing and maintaining technical project plans. This includes clearly defining and quantifying each step, as well as establishing clear project milestone and deliverable deadlines, and effectively coordinating project team activities.
This position works with internal and external stakeholders.
The IT PM must have a broad knowledge of IT infrastructure covering areas such as but not limited to network, databases, operating systems, hypervisors, application servers, web servers, security components and identity management solutions, but also knowledgeable on cloud technologies and solutions.
- Create and manage project plans for moving technical solutions from initial stage to final client hand-off.
- Plan and coordinate technical project schedules, goals and milestones.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises and develop contingency plans.
- Adhere to budgets and keep projects on track for successful completion within established specifications.
- Raise risks/issues and escalation to senior management.
- Provide technical guidance for work completion.
- Ensure process improvement and compliance and participation in technical design.
- Own the communication and execution of solution hand-over to client services, service delivery, technology, and other team members at designated milestones.
- Test code, review, and recommend changes to technology stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of IT systems infrastructure and system/application integration
- Knowledge of cloud solutions (AWS/AZURE) and SaaS implementations
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes and ITSM framework
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly create trust-based relationships.
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Proven ability to deliver results on plan and within budget.
- Well-developed organisational, multi-tasking and prioritisation skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to manage project teams consisting of cross-functional stakeholders (internal and external)
- A proven track record of successful customer relationship management
- Strong customer service focus
- Languages: English (fluent); other languages considered an asset
Education and Experience:
- in an information technology discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role related to IT infrastructure.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience as IT Project manager
- Practical experience of IT processes (requirements management, development, integration, support, maintenance and operations)
- PRINCE2 or PMP certification considered an asset.
CHAMP Cargosystems is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, ethnic background, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.