Junior Software Engineer
Are you looking for an interesting challenge?
Are you eager to learn something new?
Are you challenging the status quo and always try to find an easier solution to a problem?
Then we should meet.
Who we are
CHAMP Cargosystems is building systems that power the business of cargo airlines all over the world providing solutions for the whole cargo management chain including reservation and booking management, revenue, handling & customs declaration and balancing the weight of the cargo inside the plane.
What we do
We are currently in the process of building the next generation of cargo management applications using modern and widely use technologies and we are looking for motivated people to join our team of interdisciplinary developers.
What we currently use
- We build backend services with Java, Spring Boot, Web Services and Oracle / SQL Server / Mongo DB
- We integrate with existing core Java Cargo applications via REST APIs
- We build frontends with Angular and Ionic framework for mobile apps
- We deploy to Linux servers, Windows servers, and AWS with ansible/ANT
- We do continuous integration with Gitlab/Bamboo
- We use Scrum to organize ourselves
What we expect from you
- Perform several roles such as program coder, tester and technical support
- Collaborate with other software engineers in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Translate design specifications into program codes; enforce the Company’s software engineering methodology and standards.
- Champion good code quality practices towards reliable, performant and maintainable solutions
- Participate in the technical discussions on project updates/ in resolving technical issues.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
- Participate in the unit tests and to provide support during system implementation/ migration activities.
- Assist in the preparation of project documentation.
What we require from you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Equivalent
- Must have 2 years’ experience in Java & object-oriented programming with SQL skills
- Understanding in the following framework or technology is a plus: Spring Boot, REST API, XML, HTML, Angular
- Experienced in using the following tools – SVN, Tortoise, Eclipse, Maven or Ant or similar
- With good SQL skills on databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience in SCRUM and DevOps practices is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good command of English language is a must
What you can expect from us
- Working environment, learning tools and opportunities to grow your technical and professional career
- The possibility to have an impact on the direction to take
- Technical challenges to solve
- The opportunity to work within an interesting industry
- To work with people from many different countries
Get in touch
Sign up to recieve the latest news from the CHAMP community by email. You can unsubscribe at any time.