Position Type: Permanent Full - Time
Location: Manila, Philippines
- Ensure that SCRUM principles are understood, respected and maximized by the team and product owner, to deliver on the agreed team commitments.
- Ensure that the team’s actions are always aligned with the acceptance criteria and project goals and timelines.
- On quality of input, work closely with the product owners and team leads in ensuring the items in the product backlog are in “READY” state.
- On quality of output, ensure that the team respects the definition of “DONE.”
- Monitor sprint charts (burn down, cumulative etc.) and produce reports/documentations and ensure that team product owners and other stakeholders are aware of the current state of sprint/project/delivery as a whole.
- Ensure day to day commitments are aligned towards the sprint goal, impediments are actioned in a timely manner and risks are identified and mitigated accordingly.
- Coaches and challenges both the team and Product Owner to discuss and align on the priorities and scope of work to meet the delivery/release date.
- Minimize errors by taking an organized approach to work assignments.
- Help the team identify conflicting priorities and escalates issues that cannot be resolved quickly.
- Facilitate all Scrum ceremonies - Make all time boxes respected with the goal of making the team responsible for all Scrum ceremonies.
- Gather requirements and breakdown into user stories – Coaching the Product Owner and the development team to have mastery in creating product backlog items.
- Support the team during sprint planning in creating valuable tasks that will set the backlog item status to “DONE”.
- Formulate creative questions that will make the team more intuitive during sprint planning, product backlog grooming.
- Keep team capacity updated.
- Initiate discussions and coach the team how to do the discussion with product owner in case an item in the sprint is at risk.
- Monitor team velocity and motivate the team to constantly increase its velocity.
- Provide feedback to team leaders and release delivery managers on team member performance during evaluations.
- Always challenge the product owner to improve product backlog contents quality by breaking them into more manageable items.
- Always challenge the team to organize and to keep improving their skills and apply it toward more agile mind-set and way of working.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) practices.
- Capable of working in a pressured environment.
- Good analytical skills, with a practical approach to problem-solving and a consensus builder.
- A strong motivator, communicator and negotiator.
- Fluent in English (spoken, written) is mandatory; other languages will be considered as assets.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Equivalent
- At least 1 year experience as a Scrum Master
- At least 5 years working experience in software development projects using agile and XP methodologies.