Senior Software Engineer
Are you looking for an interesting challenge?
Are you eager to learn something new?
Are you challenging the status quo and always try to find an easier solution to a problem?
Then we should meet.
Who we are
CHAMP Cargosystems is building systems that power the business of cargo airlines all over the world providing solutions for the whole cargo management chain including reservation and booking management, revenue, handling & customs declaration and balancing the weight of the cargo inside the plane.
What we do
We are currently in the process of building the next generation of cargo management applications using modern and widely use technologies and we are looking for motivated people to join our team of interdisciplinary developers.
What we currently use
- We build backend services with Java, Spring Boot, Web Services and Oracle / SQL Server / Mongo DB
- We integrate with existing core Java Cargo applications via REST APIs
- We build frontends with Angular and Ionic framework for mobile apps
- We deploy to Linux servers, Windows servers, and AWS with ansible/ANT
- We do continuous integration with Gitlab/Bamboo
- We use Scrum to organize ourselves
What we expect from you
- Achieve a thorough understanding of CHAMP products
- Work closely with project managers/ product owners, team leads, business analysts, technical support, and other software engineers involved with the development of CHAMP integrated solution or other application systems.
- Perform multiple roles such as system analyst/ designer, program coder, tester and technical support as may be required in meeting the application development schedule and the overall project plan.
- Mentor software engineers and ensure compliance with software engineering standards.
- Translate design specifications into program codes; enforce the Company’s software engineering methodology and standards.
- Champion good code quality practices towards reliable, performant and maintainable solutions
- Actively participate in regular business and technical discussions on project updates/ in resolving technical issues.
- Perform and assist in the execution of unit tests and in the preparation of the project documentation.
- Participate in the planning and execution of systems migration activities.
- Provide off-site or on-site technical support on production systems.
- Ensure that all programs and problems are correctly reflected in all status reports.
What we require from you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Java development.
- Must be competent in Java coding best practices and design patterns with proven SQL skills
- Expertise using the following framework or technology is a plus: Spring Boot, JPA, REST API, XML, Swing, RMI, Hibernate, EJB, Angular, Ionic, IBM MQ, Kafka
- Experienced in using the following tools: SVN, Tortoise, Eclipse, Maven or Ant or similar
- With good SQL skills on databases (Oracle DBMS, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in SCRUM and DevOps practices is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good command of English language is a must
What you can expect from us
- Working environment, learning tools and opportunities to grow your technical and professional career
- The possibility to have an impact on the direction to take
- Technical challenges to solve
- The opportunity to work within an interesting industry
- To work with people from many different countries
Get in touch
Sign up to recieve the latest news from the CHAMP community by email. You can unsubscribe at any time.